The big story this week was potentially the end of Huawei’s ongoing troubles with the U.S. government. At the G20 Summit in Osaka, Trump announced that Huawei will be able to work with American companies once again, which might signal the beginning of the end of Huawei’s blacklisted status. This is great news for the Chinese company that lost up to $30bn of revenue as a result of the ban, even though less than 1 percent of the Huawei P30 Pro uses American-made components.
Samsung also made the news this week, but not by choice. Renders of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus leaked on Friday, complete with hole punch camera right in the middle of the display. To top things off, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 also leaked.
We also released our review of the Motorola One Vision and a hands-on of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablet. We also gave our thoughts on the OnePlus 7 Pro camera, which OnePlus is keen to improve over time.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Motorola One Vision review: Challenging perceptions — Can the Motorola One Vision stand tall as the best cheap phone?
- Is Samsung’s new Android tablet the best you can buy right now? — The Super AMOLED display and software features make the Tab S5e the best Android tablet around.
- OnePlus 7 Pro camera review: Average at best — The OnePlus 7 Pro claims to have a more advanced camera, but is it really any better?
- Taking T-Mobile’s brand new 5G network for a spin — We walked all over New York City to see if T-Mobile’s 5G network is any good.
- Why is the Google Calendar app so much better than the desktop version? — Shouldn’t the desktop version be better than the mobile app?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: What we expect — The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is coming! Here’s what we expect from Samsung’s upcoming flagship.
- Mediatek chip guide: All you need to know about MediaTek processors — Interested in a phone running a MediaTek chip? Here’s what the P60, P25 and others offer.
- Super resolution explained: How phones fill in the gaps — Everyone from Google to Huawei uses super resolution technology, but what is it?
- Are premium audio cables worth it? — When it comes to raw performance, a premium audio cable doesn’t make a marked difference.
- Under-screen 3D cameras could truly kill the display notch — Oppo’s under-screen 3D cameras have the potential to make a truly uncompromising full-screen smartphone.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we are joined by Adam Molina from our sister site SoundGuys.com to discuss the week’s news, plus the results of a test comparing high-end audio cables to a coat hanger. The results might surprise (and disappoint) you.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10? (U.S. only)
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.