Amazon is continuously adding new movies and TV shows to its Prime video streaming service, and each week, we’ll bring you the best it has to offer!
In this week’s selection of films and shows on Amazon Prime, Lukas Franke must find a classified data collection program before the intelligence agencies, criminals or hackers that are after it can get their hands on it. A man who made a life seducing rich older women finds himself immediately down on his luck and with few options after his wife dumps him for a younger man. Finally, a masseuse finds herself at a dinner hosted by one of her clients, coming into conflict with a particular guest, a hotel magnate whose business destroyed her hometown in Mexico.
- You Are Wanted – Season 2 – Once again, Lukas Franke finds himself engulfed in a nightmare scenario after his loses his memory, as well as control over Burning Man, a classified data collection program that he was considering blowing the whistle on. Now that Burning Man is out in the wild, Lukas must find it before it can be acquired by the intelligence agencies, criminals, and hackers that are trying to get their hands on it.
- How To Be A Latin Lover – Maximo is a man who has made a career seducing rich older women, but after his wife dumps him for a young used car salesman, he finds himself desperate for a place to stay, eventually moving in with his estranged sister and her son. As Maximo tries to reclaim his charms in order to find another rich older woman to live off of, he finds himself learning a lesson about love and trust.
- Beatriz At Dinner – When Beatriz, a masseuse, finds herself unable to start her car after an appointment with one of her clients, Kathy, she is invited by her client to stay for the dinner party that Kathy is throwing. Over the course of the evening, Beatriz interacts with Kathy’s guests, offering them a different and often disruptive perspective on their realities, coming into particular conflict with a hotel chain owner who devastated her hometown in Mexico.
This week’s new additions to Amazon’s Prime Video lineup starts with the second season of Dino Dana, which follows a young paleontologist-in-training as she learns more interesting things about dinosaurs, as well as early humans. There’s also Beast of Burden, which follows a pilot who smuggles cocaine for a drug cartel on his last day on the job as he tries to avoid both the DEA and the cartel while trying to save his failing marriage. Finally, in Picnic at Hanging Rock, long-buried secrets resurface at a girl’s school and the surrounding township following the disappearance of three girls and their governess on Valentine’s Day 1900.
- Dino Dana – Season 2 – Nine-year-old paleontologist-in-training Dana is back for another fun season of dinosaur-filled adventures. Using her Dino Field Guide, Dana meets new dinosaurs, discovering how some survived extinction, while also learning about early humans and how they lived alongside now-extinct animals like saber-tooth cats and mammoths. Arrives May 22.
- Beast of Burden – After years of smuggling cocaine across the U.S. border for a drug cartel, pilot Sean Haggerty finds himself up against a particularly difficult final run, where he must thread the needle between Drug Enforcement agents and the cartel before extracting himself from this life for good. He also has the added challenge of trying to salvage his crumbling marriage while also trying to protect his wife from those for whom he works. Arrives May 23.
- Picnic at Hanging Rock – This Amazon original miniseries, reimagines the Australian novel of the same name, and focuses on the disappearances of three girls and their governess on Valentine’s Day 1900. The series explores the impact on the girls’ fellow students at Appleyard Ladies College, as well as the school’s staff and the nearby township as authorities begin their search and uncover long-buried secrets. Arrives May 25.
If you’re not an Amazon Prime member, you can try the service free for 30 days right here. Bookmark this page and check back next week for more from Amazon!